Saturday, March 19, 2011

Deployment Day
















Well today was a normal morning as we always do other than we were in a hotel on base.  We woke up and had our coffee and got ready for the day.  Adam was still getting his things around to ship out today.  He had so many bags in the room it looked as if the US Army threw up in our hotel.  Adam and I did our regular hugs and kisses as we do always and additionally telling each other how much we love each other.  Through out the day we would have waves of emotions.  One second we would be happy and the next second we were crying our eyes out.  Well as the day went on it was becoming agonizing to think he was going to be gone from us.  We both agreed that we both just wanted it to be done and he be on his way and us be on ours.  We finally got out of the hotel and headed to the store and to get a bite to eat.  We both were not hungry or even desired any food but he had a long trip and I knew I would not eat at all for the night due to the circumstances.

We finally got to the company to send him off and we had 2 hours ahead of us to wait for him to leave.  However those 2 hours went quite fast, I was quite surprised.  We went to a building that was all cold and concrete and basically watching army men run around with their gear and getting it all tapes and strapped and zip tied down.  It was interesting to see them all so different and all living different lives.  Some had wives, girlfriends, whole families, extended families and some had none.  They all had a level of happiness going on but there were a few that were crying and truly saddened by the whole situation.  In the end they all seamed as if they knew they  had to do this regardless of their emotions and ties.  It was that time to say goodbye to my best friend, my husband and the father of my children.  He took off his wedding band with tears in his eyes and tears in mine and I unlatched his dog tags around my neck and put his ring on it until his return.  He is a great man and we are very proud of what he is doing although I hate his job right now.

We got in the car and said our last goodbyes.  He had a hard time letting go of his daughter in the car and when he came around to me I did not want to let go of his hand.  I asked for one last kiss and we shut the door.  As I tried to take off the one thing I could not stop hanging onto was his dog tags with is wedding band around my neck.  We drove off and I watched him as far as I could in my rear-view mirror.  I was crying his daughter was crying and he was crying too. 

Saphia and I went back to the hotel and chill out alone.  Maybe not the best for most but it was what was best for me and the little pumpkin pie.  So far the night is going ok if I don't think of it but when I do it makes me ill to think it will be days even weeks and possibly a month before I hear his voice again.

This night will be one of the hardest nights of my life but I know I can make it..........

5 comments:

  1. oh TANYA this has touch my heart and made me cry as i was once in the same position u are right now love u and hang in there.. i will be her for u anytime u need me...

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. U made me cry just thinking about it. I luv ya Tanya. We will say a prayer every night for his safe return. This wil only make u stronger. ~linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart wrenching....thank you for sharing your story...very proud of Adam and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much my friends. When Adam gets settled he will be following this as well. This way he will be able to see all that is going on here. We will all be praying for him and his safe return. I love him so much and I want him to see how much we are thinking about him everyday that goes by..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a touching post Tanya! The amazing love you have for each other will get you through this year! Thank you for sharing and I'll keep you all in my prayers!

    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.